1) We want you to understand how and why esteem.ws (“eSteem,” “we” or “us”) collects, uses, and shares information about you when you access and use eSteem mobile apps, widgets, and other online products and services (collectively, the "Services") or when you otherwise interact with us.
2) We collect information you provide directly to us when you use our Services. Depending on which Service you use, we may collect different information about you. This includes:
3) We collect the content and other information you provide when you use our Services. This includes information used to create your account (e.g., a username, an email address, phone number), account preferences, and the content of information you post to the Services (e.g., text, photos, videos, links).
5) You may choose to provide other information directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you fill out a form, participate in contests, sweepstakes or promotions, apply for a job, communicate with us via third-party sites and services, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
6) When you access or use our Services, we may also automatically collect information about you. This includes:
7) We may log information when you access and use the Services. This may include your IP address, user-agent string, browser type, operating system, referral URLs, device information (e.g., device IDs), pages visited, links clicked, user interactions (e.g., voting data), the requested URL, hardware settings, and search terms.
8) We may receive information from cookies, which are pieces of data your browser stores and sends back to us when making requests. We use this information to improve your experience, understand user activity, and improve the quality of our Services. For example, we store and retrieve information about your preferred language and other settings. For more information on how you can disable cookies, please see “Your Choices” below.
9) With your consent, we may collect information about the specific location of your mobile device (for example, by using GPS or Bluetooth). You can revoke this consent at any time by changing the preferences on your device, but doing so may affect your ability to use all of the features and functionality of our Services.
10) We may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools that let you share content or actions you take on our Services with other media. Your use of these features enables the sharing of certain information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these social sharing features (e.g., Tumblr, Facebook, Reddit, Pinterest, and Twitter).
11) Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
We will not use your personal information for purposes other than those purposes we have disclosed to you, without your permission. From time to time we may request your permission to allow us to share your personal information with third parties. You may opt out of having your personal information shared with third parties, or from allowing us to use your personal information for any purpose that is incompatible with the purposes for which we originally collected it or subsequently obtained your authorization. If you choose to so limit the use of your personal information, certain features or eSteem Services may not be available to you.
12) We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize eSteem Services, content, and advertising.
13) We may share your personal information with:
eSteem will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this policy. Before eSteem shares your information with any third party that is not acting as an agent to perform tasks on behalf of and under the instructions of Steem, eSteem will enter into a written agreement requiring that the third party to provide at least the same level of privacy protection as required hereunder.
If you establish an eSteem account indirectly on a third party website or via a third party application, any information that you enter on that website or application (and not directly on an eSteem website) will be shared with the owner of the third party website or application and your information may be subject to their privacy policies.
15) The Services are not affiliated in any way with Steemit.com or Steemit.com, Inc. The Services utilize the same, shared, public database (blockchain) as Steemit.com and other 3rd parties. Therefore, the content you post through eSteem is availble to be read and displayed by Steemit.com or any 3rd party service that utilizes the shared database.
16) eSteem is not intended or directed at individuals under the age of 13. Therefore, individuals under the age of 13 may not create an account or otherwise access or use the Services.
Questions or comments about eSteem may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org